COVID-19 Testing FAQs
· Yes, we offer COVID-19 testing at all three locations for patients with or without symptoms.
· Testing is done on a first come, first served basis. Walk right in—no appointments are made for COVID testing.
· We are currently using PCR testing, and results take about 2 to 3 days to return.
If you would like antibody testing, we recommend making a telehealth appointment or walking in during non-COVID Testing hours. COVID-19 antibody tests are only provided to patients without active COVID-19 symptoms.
Dates/times vary. Please visit gwdocsipc.com where our dates/times and locations are posted on our homepage.
Typically, results take 2-3 days to return. However, times are subject to change.
• We’ll call you with your results or release your results via your Follow My Health portal. If we don’t reach you, we’ll mail them to you after our third attempt.
• Results will immediately display in your Follow My Health portal. Make sure we have your email address on file so you can sign up for FMH. For FMH support, please contact 1-888-670-9775.
Per the CDC, if you test positive you should stay at home in isolation. You can end home-isolation after the following 3 points are true:
• At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared AND
• At least 24 hours have passed with no fever without fever-reducing medication (i.e., Tylenol, Advil) AND
• Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving.
You may experience any one or a combination of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion/Runny nose
- Loss of taste or smell
Symptoms may vary and range from mild to severe in nature. Because you may experience these symptoms with other types of viral infections like the common cold, it is important to consult with a health care professional for further guidance.
If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
– Trouble breathing
– Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
– New confusion
– Inability to wake or stay awake
– Bluish lips or face
Please call your medical provider or seek emergency medical attention if you have any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Per the CDC, you can end home isolation once 10 days have passed since the date you tested positive AND you were symptom free for the last 24 hours.
• No, you do not need to get retested, as long as you are not experiencing symptoms and have completed the appropriate quarantining period.
• Some employers, in order to allow you to return to work, may request that you present proof you are no longer shedding active virus, and therefore, not able to transmit the virus to others. This may be in the form of a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation from a health care provider.
• IPC accepts most major health insurances. Cost with insurance will vary depending on insurance plan co-pay/co-insurance/deductible. We will not collect a co-pay at the time of your visit.
• If you don’t have insurance, it costs $150 to be evaluated for COVID-19 testing and you will receive a separate bill from LabCorp.
Upon arrival you will be asked to sit in specific area within the clinic, you will speak to a health care provider who will ask questions related to the illness, and then you will have a nasal swab performed by a health care professional.
• The CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) has up to date and easy to understand information for many common questions related to COVID-19.
• The DC Department of Health (https://coronavirus.dc.gov/) has the latest on Coronavirus statistics, directives from the Mayor and other general information.